OFFICIAL SUSTAINABILITY SPONSOR
As the Official Sustainability Sponsor of the Infosys Hall of Fame Open, 11th Hour Racing is supporting the tournament in implementing a variety of strategies to enhance the tournament’s environmental sustainability and to educate and encourage tournament fans to make personal behavioral changes to protect and restore ocean health.
At the Infosys Hall of Fame Open, we ...
• eliminated single-use plastic bottles, straws, and plastic bags
• offer composting for food and landscape waste
• use recycled paper in all printed materials
• offer beverages in recyclable aluminum cans
• use custodial paper products made from recycled materials
• use compostable service ware for concessions
• use cleaning products and hand soaps certified by Green Seal, Safer Choice, or Eco Logo
• have a comprehensive recycling program
• track water, electricity, and fuel usage, as well as our landfill diversion rate
• adopted a sustainability charter by which all caterers and on-site vendors will abide offset our carbon emissions
HELP US MAKE AN IMPACT
Bring an empty, reusable water bottle and refill it using our hydration station
Dispose of trash, recycling, and compost in the proper receptacles
Reduce paper waste by viewing tournament news, order of play, and more on the TennisOne app
Both the Infosys Hall of Fame Open and 11th Hour Racing are based in the beautiful coastal town of Newport, Rhode Island. As such, a key focus of the partnership will be proactive efforts to communicate with tournament fans, players, and volunteers about what sustainable personal behaviors individuals can implement at the event and at home to make a long-term positive impact on ocean health.